How to Brush or What is the Right Way to Brush
Do you know that one of the main reasons behind becoming susceptible to dental problems is not following the correct technique of brushing? Yes, we all ignore it many times, in a rush of the moment, we brush haphazardly and then quickly wash our mouth, sometimes even forgetting to clean the tongue. We advise you to stop doing this.
Brushing takes only 2 minutes, and at this time, you can pamper your teeth the most. So how do you do that? We explain it to you over here.
Correct Techniques for Brushing
- Squeeze the right amount of toothpaste in your bristles and make sure you do not overload it. Too much paste will fill your mouth, and you either tend to swallow or spit it out.
- Dentists always insist on following a circular and vertical motion of brushing. Do not brush your teeth roughly and horizontally. Follow a uniform pattern, i.e., up and down and in circles.
- Focus on the four zones of your teeth viz. left, right, top, and bottom. Follow the same motion as explained in point 2 for cleaning these four zones and dedicate at least 15 seconds for each.
- Brushing the back of your teeth is a bit tricky. Hold your brush at 90 degrees angle to your lips and then gently sweep it through the inner zones of your teeth (all the four zones). Use your toothbrush in back and forth motion.
- Now clean your tongue. You can either use a tongue scraper or use your brush to clean it. Gently rub the bristles up and down on the tongue.
- Now gargle your mouth with water and spit out until no trace of toothpaste is left behind. You can use an antibacterial mouth wash also for rinsing.
Choosing the Right Tools for Brushing
Type of Toothbrush
You can either brush your teeth manually or use an electric toothbrush. Make sure the bristles are soft and supple and are not made from animal hair. Opt for nylon bristles. However, the bristles should be sturdy enough to remove plaque from teeth.
Choice of Toothpaste
Toothpaste is customized as per the need of consumers. Generally, dentists suggest using fluoride toothpaste; nevertheless, you must seek a doctor’s advice if you are suffering from dental diseases or if your teeth are sensitive.
Different Cleaning Tools
Dental floss is a must to clean those hidden and trapped food particles and bacteria in deep recesses of your teeth where your toothbrush cannot reach. Secondly, we suggest using a tongue scraper every day to clean your tongue.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
Brushing too Often is Wrong.
If you’re brushing every time after a meal, then stop it. It would only expose the root of your tooth and tear your gums. So brush thoroughly, but only twice a day i.e., morning and night.
Sticking to the same toothbrush for long is Unhygienic.
The American Dental Association recommends getting a new brush every three or four months, or even sooner if the bristles look frayed.
Neglecting the Inner Surface of Tooth
If the inner side of your teeth is stained, then you are neglecting them. Take care of the rear portion equally as the frontal facade of your teeth.
Follow the techniques we have explained here and avoid the mistakes to get squeaky clean teeth. Brushing your teeth is the first thing you do in the morning, so spare 2-3 minutes religiously and do it rightly.
Post a Comment